Saturday, February 25, 2023

Lots of Broken Section Breaks

Though I've had experience with headers and footers previously due to English classes, the only experience with section and page breaks have been through my job in appraisal. Even with my job, my experiences with section breaks have been trial and error. In fact, a lot of my frustration while working in the past has been with section breaks as they are a common element of appraisal reports. Every time I would mess one up, I didn't have the knowledge of how to fix it. It would take a good half hour of me messing with it to truly fix what I was trying to do. Section breaks are a very useful tool with utilizing a 'Table of Contents' and if you use them incorrectly, the entire Table of Contents gets messed up. 

After going through Chapter 4, I can say the last few modules were the first modules in TestOut where I wasn't able to blow through easily. Though I found it annoying at first, I also realized that this was the first time using TestOut where I was actually learning things about Word. Not only was I learning, but these things are all extremely common in appraisal reports, such as Headers, Footers, Section/Page Breaks, Charts (one of the most common things in an appraisal report, though typically linked through Excel), and Formatting. I'm excited to finish up Word and get into Excel as I feel that is where I will not only start to learn a lot, but learn things that are very applicable to my career.

10 comments:

  1. I'm elated to hear you are learning something new from Chapter 4 :-)

    I'm even more stoked about your excitement to finish Word and getting into Excel!

    Before Excel, be sure to hone your skills in Word to earned your MO-100 certification exam ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started using page breaks more often now, whenever I type up my Environmental services report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still intimated with the different types of breaks. Just when I think I have a handle on it, I get bamboozled. However, I have found in writing out recipes the benefit and ease in the continuous section breaks, next page section breaks and using the columns within those breaks have made a difference in the appearance of my outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to hear that you found the modules in Chapter 4 challenging but also rewarding in terms of learning valuable skills that are applicable to your career. It's important to take the time to master these tools and features in Word, as they can greatly improve the quality and efficiency of your work. Best of luck as you continue to learn and grow in your career!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Section Break is a cool chapter. We will never understand what is happening to the document if we don't study it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really cool to know. Now that you said it, I do understand how page break makes the table of content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't need to use section breaks often but it can make our work more organized and easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Learning how to do a proper section/page break has been insightful. It has made typing out papers even easier than before on my end and more professional looking, which has greatly improved my writing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't yet gotten to use Section breaks much but I'm sure they are as useful as you claim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Section breaks are useful when you need to condense on a page or when you just need things to look aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete